August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday

What is your forever book? 




I'm back for another Throwback Thursday. First of all, it's August 1st!! In less than one month, we'll be welcoming in brand new third graders. It is hard to believe how quickly summer flew by! Throughout this month, I will post parent information, classroom photos, important dates for you.

Now let's flashback again to September 2011...Our third graders were just getting used to going to school ALL day. Forever Books was one of my most treasured lessons in the beginning of first grade. I would love to see if these students still care as deeply for the book they shared as they did two years ago. It's something we may have to revisit this year. Anyway, it was always fun to have other staff share their books as well. This past year, I had the privilege of sharing my forever book to Mr. Holden's class. I loved going in with the first graders to share my special memories of my book, which you can see below.

Have a fabulous weekend!!
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 13, 2011


 We have been talking about our reading lives in Reading Workshop. I introduced the students to my forever book, Just Grandma and Me, at the beginning of the year. It is my forever book because it reminds me of all the special times I shared with my grandma on vacation when I was a little girl.




Today, Mrs. Cooper shared her forever book with the class. Umbrella is her forever book because her mom read it to her when she was a little girl and now she reads it to her girls. They LOVE to play in the rain, so the book has extra special meaning to her.




The students are sharing their Forever Books with each other. Some chose a book because it was read to them by mom. Others choose a book because they had a special connection to the story. Some students just LOVE their book and said they have read it over and over and over again.

some_text

No comments:

Post a Comment